Business Technology Consultant
Job Description: Business Technology Consultant
Manager: Vice President
The Expetec Business Technology Consultant will combine a deep understanding of business issues and all product offerings to define solutions that provide key business value. The Technology Consultant will be responsible for developing account-winning strategies and providing needed product knowledge to successfully close business. This person will research and understand the needs of the customer and define overall technical and business solutions. The Business Technology Consultant will lead internal technical resources to prepare and deliver compelling demonstrations and presentations. This person will be responsible to answer in-depth customer questions and inquiries.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all Expetec products, features, functions and benefits.
- Define which Expetec products and/or services are best to address a prospect‘s business requirements.
- Perform needs assessments and solution discovery sessions.
- Actively contribute to account strategy definition and review.
- Design and deliver product demonstrations based on the requirements and the competitive sales situation.
- Review customer operations for business process improvement opportunities.
- Define product and technical responses for RFP requests.
- Request and coordinate resources needed to support the sales engagement.
- Participate at tradeshows, conferences and other events as needed.
- Conceptualize and communicate on how Expetec’s products and services impact opportunities and sales coverage within the industry.
- Become affiliated with industry groups, user groups, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Job-Related Skills
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Expetec’s vertical markets and their business issues.
- Proven success presenting technologies as business solutions.
- Proven success selling into complex sales environments with both business and technical buyers.
- Administrative Skills
- Able to create effective presentations in a time constrained environment.
- Able to organize and prioritize work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Able to meet deadlines, follow through on commitments, and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Sales and selling aptitude.
- Strong self motivation.
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills.
- Team leading and management of additional technical resources to meet the needs of an account.
50% travel to support sales cycles and marketing events
Education and Experience Required
Four-year college degree with a major in sales and marketing, computer science or business.
Five years of proven presales or sales success at selling business solutions in a complex selling environment.